IC London...I See France

03 May 2007

Concluding Classes

You know the semester's over when you feel the sweet relief of completing your last final. For me that was yesterday and, as reality sets in, home is coming in less than a week. I can't say that I wasn't happy to see my classes go. The only one I'll truly miss will be British Pop, but I guess the other ones weren't so so bad.

My first final, thankfully, was British Youth Culture, meaning all the annoyingness that was that class ended a week earlier than all the rest. We took our final, 2 in-class essays, during the last week of classes, something that really helped me enjoy my weekend in Malta.

Next was Sport Marketing, on Monday evening of finals week in the form of presentations on sport-y things (Guinness Premiership Rugby for my group). They took far too long, but Clive made it up to us by taking the lot of us out to dinner at Zizzi's (but not at this one, thank heavens). We enjoyed wine, beer, pasta, bread and olives, and dessert while saying goodbye to our Tuesday mornings at MLB. Except that during our usual class time on Tuesday morning - and, in fact, a little earlier - we were summoned to Times House, home of The Times. We talked to the editor and one of the sports writers before being kicked out of the conference room for their actual conference, and then afterward we went on a tour of the press. The highlight was the robots (which almost ran me over), but it wasn't very useful as far as marketing goes. Ah well, such was the entirety of Sport Marketing.

Modern British History presented the most stress of all of my finals, as I hadn't done much of anything for the class during the semester, to be honest. I studied the best I could though my studying skills aren't up to snuff, and by the time it rolled around, I was freaking out. I did okay, maybe, but I'm mostly just glad it's over. I got back my last essay and did much better than expected, so I could possibly squeeze a good grade out of the class.

And, finally, British Pop. This is a class and professor I will truly miss, the best one I took in all of ICLC. Our final required learning all about the ska movement and talking about our London music experience. Not really super fun, but because it's Emer, I won't complain. Wednesday mornings won't be the same.

Now the only thing left is the End of Term Party this evening for which I am getting fancily dressed and enjoying the buffet for all it's worth. I know I've said this a dozen times, but it's so weird that next week I won't be in London. Semesters just fly by.

1 Comments:

  • Just read the attached article and am so glad that you weren't in that particular Zizzi's. Glad that you had fun at the one you went to with your class.

    Sorry that your time is ending, but we miss you very much and am so glad that you are coming home.
    (on the fifth day we get to see you!!)

    Enjoy your last days in London.
    Love ya,
    Mom & The Dad

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home