IC London...I See France

22 February 2007

Midterm Stress

So, I booked a trip to Malta with Alyssa. And it just so happens to be during their annual Fireworks Festival! We are leaving the day after classes end and returning right before finals, hopefully refreshed from a weekend of lying on the beach. A bit of a whim of a decision helped by a map in Brit History, but one that I'm happy with. Malta!

For midterms (next week), I have a grand total of 4 papers, one for each class, and then for history we have an in-class essay as well. Really, that doesn't seem so bad. Except that it is - and a major source of stress. Katie is coming to London tomorrow morning!! Which is what is behind all the urgency because, while they are all due on Tuesday or Wednesday, I have a self-imposed deadline of Friday at 10am. Luckily, I had a spurt of productive energy this morning and can happily report that I have 3 out of 4 completed, a total of 5500+ words of great essays. There is now just 2000-ish words to go and my productivity has died. At this point, I want naps and Katie to be here and to go to Italy. And, of course, sunny beachy Malta.

3 Comments:

  • Ahhhhh, my hardworking daughter.......
    you so deserve a nice break from school and to enjoy a fun time with Katie.
    She will be there soon and then you can relax, laugh and have fun.
    Love ya!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:16 PM  

  • Unbelievable - 5500+ esays!! You're amazing!! Can I write the forward for your 1st book?!
    5500 complete & 2000 to go, I think my girl can do it. I'm very proud of you . . & very happy that Katie will get this opportunity to visit you. I think you've needed this visit with her.
    Tell Katie I said "HELLO!!" okay. Have a great time!

    Love,

    Dad

    By Blogger Dad Krzyske, at 2:39 PM  

  • Hi Meg
    Very impressed with what you have done and we find your writing to be just fantastic and we wish we were there.
    Can't wait for the next chapter.
    You should consider writing mini travelogs.
    Take care of yourself.
    We miss you.
    Love
    Grandma and grandpa O.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home