IC London...I See France

13 February 2007

Classes, Copenhagen, and Canned Goods

Don't you just love alliteration?

Just realized that nearly two weeks of classes have gone by since I've updated about them though, really, not too much is different. I still love British Pop. It is endlessly entertaining and, to be honest, is the only class I willingly retain information for. We are going to see a musical based on the songs of Boney M, "Daddy Cool," this Thursday so that should be interesting. I finally met the ever-mysterious Clive, one of my Sport Marketing professors. We've had two classes at the MLB and I had a meeting with him last week about an upcoming paper. I must say, not what I expected but pleasantly surprising. I really like the baseball mitt chair in his office - comfy. Between Modern British History and British Youth Culture, my afternoons are not very riveting. I like history well enough, but the class is kind of dry and I often find myself fighting the urge to fall asleep. Youth Culture is really my least favorite class of the bunch, and I don't really have much to say about it other than the fact that every time I find myself about to go into the class, I wish I had dropped it when I had the chance. Ugh, and it's tomorrow.

Germany has changed to Krakow which changed to Vienna to Gothenburg (Sweden) and finally to Copenhagen. So, long story short, not sure where this last big trip will be taking me, but I'm excited all the same. We should be booking something by Thursday night at the latest, and I'm personally loving the Danish Kroner (5.75 to a dollar! - finally a favorable exchange rate!). I still want to go to Ireland, though, and Germany, and pretty much everywhere, but I'm only here until May, so I'll just take what I get. Copenhagen! (maybe)

I fell in love with the 99p chocolate chip muffins from Sainsbury's and recently expanded to try the blueberry ones. Yum! I love the crisps and pretty much anything we put together ourselves, but I don't much trust pre-made things as I haven't had much luck with them. Heinz canned macaroni and cheese, for example. I missed macaroni and cheese A LOT, but enough to stomach more than a few bites. Thankfully, Mom sent some good ol' Kraft and I had a wonderful dinner last night! And, hobnobs and digestives - absolutely delicious - but they're no cookies. I really really miss cookies.

2 Comments:

  • Should I take that as a hint that you would love it if we would send another care package of sorts??
    Love ya

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:51 AM  

  • PS I know that crisps are potato chips and that chips are french fries but what are hobnobs, etc?? That actually sounds dreadful!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home